EVENT | Homegrown: HipLife in Ghana


THIS WAS EMAILED TO ME A LITTLE EARLIER TODAY BY ONE OF THE MOST PROFESSIONAL INDIVIDUALS IN THE ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY HERE IN THE SOUTH I KNOW, SO THE EMAIL AUTOMATICALLY CAUGHT MY ATTENTION.

I WAS IN A MEETING WHEN I RECEIVED THE EMAIL SO I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO DEDICATE THE NECESSARY TIME & ATTENTION TO IT TO GIVE YOU A WELL-THOUGHT-OUT SYNOPSIS OF THIS EVENT.

HOWEVER, FROM WHAT I'VE READ SO FAR IT SEEMS LIKE SOMETHING I WOULD BE VERY INTERESTED IN LONG-TERM. THE SCREENING FOR THIS DOCUMENTARY IS TAKING PLACE THIS WEDNESDAY NIGHT AND I PLAN TO BE IN ATTENDANCE. CHECK IT OUT!!


FACEBOOK BLURB:
Over the past decade, Hip-Hop music has merged with High-Life, the traditional music of West Africa, and this fusion has led to the birth of a new musical genre called HipLife. Eli Jacobs-Fantauzzi’s new film, HomeGrown: HipLife in Ghana, is a feature-length documentary about V.I.P. (Vision In Progress). The film documents ten years of their journey from the ghetto in Accra to their first international tour. They grow from being teenagers with a shared dream to musicians with fans around the world.

"I love how Hip Hop has transcended cultures like that in Ghana, but still has allowed them to be distinctive in their own voice"
"Before seeing this film, I completely disassociated myself with hip hop. Home Grown showed me a new side of hip hop internationally that I hadn't seen before"
"Shows the depth of a culture that embraces tradition, family, and love"
"Incredibly engaging and entertaining, but also informative and heartfelt "
DO NOT MISS IT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.