Evidence of Ignorance.
In my 20+ years of schooling,
I've never come across an unintelligible term.
I never once inquired of a teacher
I never once inquired of a teacher
The definition of an expression and come up empty handed.
Not once have I queried a professor of the significance of a word
Not once have I queried a professor of the significance of a word
And been told it lacked any.
After 18 years of formal instruction
After 18 years of formal instruction
I readily admit there are things I still don't know.
I never knew my accomplishments
I never knew my accomplishments
Within the structure of such an institution would be belittled.
I didn't know my proper use of the english language would be criticized.
And most importantly no one told me there existed,
I didn't know my proper use of the english language would be criticized.
And most importantly no one told me there existed,
Words without meaning.
See, the trepidation of education within my own generation
See, the trepidation of education within my own generation
Makes my defensive blitz an easy one.
A defense penned on the heels of slumber
A defense penned on the heels of slumber
With ease and little effort.
An onslaught that will surely atop
An onslaught that will surely atop
The thought process of my opponent.
Let me be brief:
My perspective is my own
My perspective is my own
And my conviction will not waiver.
Your denigrations are futile,
Your denigrations are futile,
you've only done me a favor.
The initiation of your virtual skirmish
The initiation of your virtual skirmish
Will not be met with alike ignorance.
Because while my physical elevation is brief,
Because while my physical elevation is brief,
I am still worlds above you.
You aspire to achieve fractions of what I checked off of my list years ago.
I will be unable to lower my caliber to meet yours.
If we should so discuss the occurences that have transpired
You'll have to rise to the occasion
You aspire to achieve fractions of what I checked off of my list years ago.
I will be unable to lower my caliber to meet yours.
If we should so discuss the occurences that have transpired
You'll have to rise to the occasion
And articulate at a plane higher.
When your recompense for your chosen vocation is in the same bracket as mine,
Then we can promulgate our idiosyncratic sentiments about bygone times.
But first, make sure your dexterity with words
When your recompense for your chosen vocation is in the same bracket as mine,
Then we can promulgate our idiosyncratic sentiments about bygone times.
But first, make sure your dexterity with words
And mastery of the English language is up to par.
Let me break it down: Get On My Level.
If you have not yet become cognizant of the fact
Let me break it down: Get On My Level.
If you have not yet become cognizant of the fact
That this was meant to be ostentatious,
Thanks for proving my point: there are no words without definition.
Thanks for proving my point: there are no words without definition.
Woke up for whatever reason and needed to pen this. 28 minutes later this is what I came up with. Don't even have a title for it yet. LOL If there are typos my bad, I'll fix 'em later. For now, I'm going back to sleep.
If you need the meaning of any words used in the above literary piece, I've linked an online dictionary source, here, for your convenience.
I just read this like three times, I'm not gone lie some of those words I've never heard of but I got the gist of what you were saying and ....damn!!!! You just had to go there huh?? lol I approve of this poem! lol
ReplyDeleteDamn!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteGODDAMN JESUS GOOD GOD WHY DID YOU HAVE TO GO THERE?? LOL I ACTUALLY LOOKED UP THE WORDS ON THE MACBOOK DICTIONARY THEN RE-READ THE SHIT LOL That shit is fire though, like really really fire I want to tell you how it is and sound all deep in shit but fuck it. that shit was dope as hell.
ReplyDeletethat was fire
ReplyDeleteDamn Kamms now why you have to go there? *Clicks link to dictionary*
ReplyDeleteu shitted on him... basically.
ReplyDeleteFResh, fresh and All That!!! Need I say more? haa haa =D
ReplyDelete