Can't think up an adequate adjective right now for how I'm feeling about this opportunity.
SF Pride has so much history and is a world leader in the Pride movement and to have the opportunity to perform on the main stage is an honor; the same stage that artists like Lady Gaga & one of my favorites, Solange Knowles have graced!
Of course my drummer, Bettis & my favorite bass player, BassMonster Tiff will be sharing the stage. There's no way I'd not share this opportunity with them! We are also in the process of planning a short summer tour that will lead up to the big day! So stay tuned for details!
The theme is "Global Equality" and the event will be held over the weekend of June 23 and 24, 2012. With over 200 parade contingents, 300 exhibitors, and more than twenty community-run stages and venues, the San Francisco Pride Celebration and Parade is the largest gathering of LGBT people and allies in the nation.
The two-day celebration takes place in Civic Center Plaza in downtown San Francisco the last full weekend of June each year. The Parade, which takes place the Sunday morning of the event, kicks off from Beale Street along Market and ends at Market and 8th St. in the heart of downtown San Francisco.
Special thanks to Benjamin Pursley for suggesting I submit my press kit in the first place. I never would've done it without his encouragement, and even after I did I didn't think I'd make the cut! I owe you one, Ben! ;O)
-T2E


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.