Soo for those that don't know I'm currently headed to Washington D.C. to meet with congress regarding Sickle Cell. Well, actually by the time you all read this I will have landed since I don't have WiFi on this flight. Boo Dat (Word to Whitney E.)!
I'm beyond grateful for this opportunity and for those that sponsored my trip. I'm excited and nervous all at the same time. The opportunity to speak directly to individuals that can appropriate funds and help pass laws that will benefit our FIGHT Sickle Cell cause and therefore make a major impact on the Sickle Cell community can be a bit daunting.
Nevertheless this is what I've been preparing for my entire life. Literally. Born with Sickle Cell, I truly believe I was brought here and given the life I was so that I can help others and ultimately advocate for this "invisible" illness. I believe my purpose is just that. So from as far back as I can remember I've been involved in the Sickle Cell Community. I chose the career path of entertainment for this very purpose. That's why I was given the talents I have now and the skills I have yet to discover.
So this moment, for me, is a pretty important one and it almost didn't happen. Initial Komplications almost left me stuck in New Orleans while Advocacy Day was happening in D.C. But thanks to my MOMMS (as always), & Phyllis, founder of SCD Soldier Network, as well as Jenny a sponsor from BLACKout! 2010, the day is finally here! And I'm as ready as I'll ever be.
This is simply pushing me closer to my ultimate goal: TheSeKondElement, National Spokesperson for Sickle Cell Disease Association of America. ;O)
Pray for me!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.