POEM | RHYTHM and POETRY

RHYTHM and POETRY

In my attempts to describe exactly what it means to me
The words that come to mind are few and far between
Thoughts that manifest in the form of mere sound effects
As I endeavor to pen the perfect soliloquy

Because it matters not who hears these thoughts
I Kompose this art for me
And if someone so happens to be intrigued enough
To give my words a listen
I pray my emotional utterances can be half for them
What they are for me

Therapy

Because there's something about the rhythms that drive this artform
That speak to me
That allow me to speak freely
I remember as a Kid when momms and I didn't see eye-to-eye
Sometimes to the point of making either one of us cry
We would write,
And write,
And write, and write
Until my words turned into metrical compositions
And my feelings took flight
And the burdens on my shoulders fell to the wayside
If only for that moment
This I know is heavent sent
Because it provides for me only what God can

Acceptance

True Acceptance. Allowing me to be exactly who I am.
No judgement.
Instead providing the platform for me to be all that I Kan.
And I love it.
So much so that I compiled these words
And arranged these verbs in such a way
That the biggest skeptic in a foreign land
And even my enemy might understand
Exactly what it means to me
I've undertaken this mission
Though I know it's an impossible task
Because to attempt to describe exactly what it means
Would be to understate the very essence of it's totality
So alas I'll just say: I love it.

Rhythm
And
Poetry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.