What I will not compromise is my honesty. A lot of folks in this industry involve themselves in what my team likes to call #HipHopolitics. I mean politics do rule this industry which is fueled more-so by who you know than your talents or ability. Still I will not compromise my word, honesty, or credibility to involve myself in politics.
Benefits of this you might ask? My word indubitably carries more weight. Think about it this:
Person A: Tells most people their music is great or their performance was good or dishes out compliments on the regular. It spares people's feelings & probably makes people like them. They may have more connects, etc.
Person K: Dishes out compliments sparingly, when due; gives honest feedback, when requested, which includes constructive criticism. People may get butthurt, may think you're mean, hard to please, or even an asshole. But when you do give a compliment it means a great deal more than a compliment from Person A. Your connects may be fewer but they are indubitably more meaningful, deeper, & longer lasting.
I say all this to say. Stop gassing people up. It's selfish & cowardly because you're not doing them a favor if they need constructive criticism. Be truthful. Be honest.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.