Imitation Leads to Growth

Not too long ago my style which, based on feedback from people who've seen me perform, has become signature, was clocked, jocked, & imitated. It wasn't the first time, it won't be the last. I'm not even the first or only to do it. But I was the only Hip Hop artist at this time in the city to do it. What bothered me most was who did it & how I was notified. I'd never steal the style of an artist I'm cool with. That's line stepping in my book. Was there a need in my eyes to have a conversation with the artist? Nope. Not for me. All I could say was "do you."

I'm over it. I'm not the one to lie & say I'm over something when I'm really not. I know when I'm not over something because it bugs me. I know when I am over something because I've learned the lesson I was supposed to learn and it physically feels as though a negative energy has been released. That literally just happened.

It dawned on me all-of-a-sudden-like that what happened needed to happen so that I could expand & grow. I was getting complacent with my current stage show & that's never OK. I have too talented of a Drummer & DJ not to use them to their full potential. As a LIVE crew we are capable of so much more. We've got to do better.

I apologize to my crew for sleeping on our potential. I'm woke now tho! LOL

New Orleans is too small not to be original in some way. New Orleans is also too small to beef. A lot of talented artists are on the rise in this city, as they should be and I don't want anything to deter from that. This movement of showing people Hip Hop is Alive is starting to get some momentum & we gotta keep it going. So I have to do my part by not only adding to it in positive ways, but also deading anything, including my attitude, that may hinder progression.

LET'S GO. #TeamT2E!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.